Sabado, Setyembre 22, 2012

Robyn Lawley: Defying Odds Being First Plus Size Ralph Lauren Model


Robyn Lawley is making all heads turn of her. She is 6ft 2 in. height and an Australian model making magazines to take notice of her. She has been in the cover of French Elle and Vogue Italia. 

She had define the world of models for being the first plus sized model to campaign for a famous fashion designer. Ralph Lauren glorifies her being the new look of Ralph Lauren.

Jen Garcia of People Magazine said, "Robyn is absolutely paving the way for fuller figured women to land these larger campaigns".

Robyn Lawley started modeling when she was still 16 but wasn’t able to keep up with her figure as modeling was for skinny people.

Robyn Lawley explained, "I did unfortunately. I got a huge amount of pressure to diet. And my body, it was such a battle for me to do that because I'm such a big bone, and I'm tall and I'm broad. I really struggled to maintain that size," from an interview with Good Morning America.

She continued saying, "I gave up trying to be a model. And then I moved to France and fell in love with food all over again, and came back much bigger than I was. And I saw plus- size models doing well. And I decided that I wanted that, I wanted to be in magazines".

Jen Garcia back her up stating, "She's happy in her own skin, and that's something a lot of girls can look up to. And I think she's setting a great example for the fashion industry as a whole".

Robyn Lawley finally explained, "I hope so. I hope, I'm sure we will see. You know there's so many plus-size models in New York doing so well in the moment, and it's only going to get better".
   

0 Responses to “Robyn Lawley: Defying Odds Being First Plus Size Ralph Lauren Model”